Some people say that the main aim of advertising is to improve the sales of products that people do not really need. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
View the topic at first, and make sure you have a reasonable view in writing.
Discuss the pros and cons of ads encouraging people to buy whatever the businesses want to sell or why the purpose is established or not established. This topic is a difficult problem; you should touch on at least two aspects: the main aim of ads, not really need products or services.
Supporting points of view
- Advertising revenue comes from the producer;
- Producers' income comes from sales;
- Advertising should promote the sales of various products.
Opposing points of view
- Advertising is by media or other cultural approaches;
- It influences people’s values and world views
- It should not fool everyone to buy things that they don’t need.
- A company should have a sense of social responsibility;
- A good company should not do things to fool customers to buy unwanted stuff;
- People have limited funds and should pay attention to the products they can buy and are useful to them
- The purpose of advertising is to sell products, but a good company should try its best to sell what consumers really need.
I completely agree that not all goods sold in our society are our real needs, and ad promotions are no exception. Nowadays, ad promotions play a key role in up the high rates of purchases, some of which are not really demanded. This essay will present the reasons and a logical conclusion.
A multitude of goods is ...
Total words: 350
Band: 8The below version has fixed some obvious lexical and grammatical defects. The band is by the revised version, but comments are based on the original version.Task Response:
-Ideas relating to each sector mentioned in the prompt are presented, but there is not much development of 1 and 2 paragraphes.Coherence and Cohesion:
-Each paragraph has a clear central topic, which is developed, and there is an effective use of cohesive devices.Lexical Resources:
-There is a good range of vocabulary, and there are some less common words and phrasesGrammar Range and Accuracy:
-There is a variety of complex structures with frequent error-free sentences and good control over grammar and punctuation.