Today due to advanced medicine, people are living longer. Therefore, the number of elders is expected to exceed that of young people. Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?
Advantages or disadvantages question. You can choose either one as your argument.
- Live longer is good for all people; young people will live longer too.
- Seniors have a chance to work longer and contribute more to society.
- Seniors' experiences and knowledge help youth building life and family with fewer mistakes.
- The fewer youth, the less workforce in society.
- Society needs to allocate more resources, like medicine, to look after seniors.
- When three or four generations live together, the family conflict may increase.
These days medicine has achieved incredible results, and many people can live longer now. This trend has resulted in numerous debates. One school of thought opines that fewer job opportunities can be available for youngsters. However, others consider that elders can share valuable experiences.
On the one hand, it is ...
Total words: 268
Band: 6The below version has fixed some obvious lexical and grammatical defects. The band is by the revised version, but comments are based on the original version.Task Response:
-The prompt is not fully addressed, there is an attempt to discuss some benefits and disadvantages, but ideas are limited. The topic's key word isn't "job."Coherence and Cohesion:
-The organization is logical, and there is a clear central topic to each paragraph.Lexical Resources:
-Lexis is mainly appropriate for the task, though there are some errors in word choice and spelling.Grammar Range and Accuracy:
-There is a good range of complex structures, and many sentences have accurate grammar.