Online interactive flash cards, activities, and games are efficient tools for young children to learn new words. However, offline exercise or traditional hand and mouth training are still fundamental ways to study language, especially for starters at kindergarten and low grades of elementary school. Besides, teachers and parents used to monitor and check kids' work and progress by worksheets.
Students, tutors, and parents all need printable worksheets. This is why we designed and made lots of printable Dolch sight words materials, which match with words in 5 groups: Pre-primer, Primer, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, and 3rd Grade. In each group, 5 document types are available to download and print.
- Word List: 1 or 2 pages to list words for each group; 2 groups are for kindergarten: pre-primer and primer; 3 groups for elementary school: grade 1, 2, and 3.
- Word Card: Want to do offline training? Print paper cards for words of each grade and show them on real desktop of classroom.
- Spelling Sheet: A very useful worksheet to practice handwriting by each grade; it lets kids to learn how to write Dolch sight words, which cannot be done online;
- Fill in: Complete words, an easy and simple game, helps to review learnt words; it's also an effective handwriting exercise and assessment tool;
- Word Match: Offline worksheet to memorize and recognize words; it's sort of leisure games and is also a good way to practice handwriting.
In general, you can find a printable worksheet and view its content by grade, document type, and page number. Each worksheet is available to print in both PDF and HTML formats. PDF has higher quality but you need a PDF reader to open it. HTML is shown and printed in browsers, you can print it without any prerequisite. At Worksheet print form, you can see two buttons 'In PDF' and 'In HTML'.Click one of them, the print job will start.
To help access Dolch PDF files quickly, we list main files here.