TOEFL IBT Speaking test records your speaking by computer, then your answers will be rated by human examiners. The test includes 6 questions. The first 2 are straight questions: you view the question, usually one or two sentences, prepare, and then speak to the microphone loudly.
Here over 100 TOEFL speaking topics are collected for Question 1 and 2. They cover common questions of recent years. Prepare and practice them in advance is an effective way to help test takers get higher scores. The topics and questions are organized in 3 sections:
The first section includes 80 common topics to prepare draft answers and polish them in advance, then try to memorize your works.
The second section provides audio materials for 20 TOEFL speaking questions as well as sample answers, follow the style to speak loudly to train mouth and tongue.
The third section gives 30 questions in 2 videos that mock the time frame as exact as real TOEFL speaking test circumstance, by which you may familiarise with the actual TOEFL speaking test pace.
This is an easy start point to kick off your TOEFL speaking preparing. Draft the topics, analyze the sample answers, following speaker's style in audio, finally exercise under timing videos. If you finish these materials and are ready for all questions, you should deal with over 90% TOEFL speaking topics with full confidence.
1. Common Topics and Questions to Practice
TOEFL speaking topics don't need special knowledge or background to answer. If you collect these common topics and prepare answers before test day, you will show stronger confidence and fluency in test. Write a draft for each of possible questions is a shortcut to up your score, so don't miss anyone of the list.
1. What is the most useful book of you? Why?
2. TV is positive or negative to modern society? Give your choice.
3. Describe the most important decision that you made in your life.
4. Do you think the high school should teach music and art as other basic science?
5. After school, how do you spend your time usually?
6. Should mobile phone be forbidden in some places?
7. Describe a celebration or moment that impressed you very much.
8. Which one acts more influence on you newspaper, TV or teachers?
9. Describe a social or politics celebration events in your culture.
10. Should government pay bill for museums and theatres? Explain your argument.
11. Where is your favourite place of your city? Why?
12. Where do you like to visit with friends?
13. Do you prefer having meals at home?
14. What park is your favourite one?
15. Big city or small town, which do you prefer to go to college?
16. Magazine, novel, poem, which do you prefer to read?
17. Do you like living alone or with room mate?
18. Which is common choice: restaurant, café, or home for your party?
19. Computers have improved our lives while others think computers have caused problems.
20. Talk about teacher.
21. Do you prefer to work at office, or at home?
22. Talk about someone you respect.
23. Should university be open to all students?
24. Parents should lead their children to watch TV? Or the children should choose by themselves.
25. What is the most efficient transportation in your country?
26. What is the most important invention of the last 100 years?
27. Should a college student be successful in career easier than ones without college education? why?
28. Talk about characteristics of friends.
29. Someone suggests school to cut the recycling. Try to comment it.
30. Do you want to be a leader? Or just to be a follower?
31. Which one do you think is better to help do research: internet or academic books?
32. In general where do people get information? From TV, newspaper, and other media, or from family and friends?
33. What is your ideal job?
34. Do you prefer to take a long vacation or several short vacations in a year?
35. What are the characteristics of good parent?
36. Do you prefer to study alone on assignment from class or to study in group?
37. What is your goal in future?
38. Describe a challenging experience.
39. Do we should choose major for job hunting or just for our interesting?
40. What sort of movies do you like? Comedy, drama…
41. What will you do to relax yourself?
42. Is it important for students to attend class regularly or study by oneself?
43. Describe an enjoyable event in your childhood
44. Describe one of your schools?
45. Should school add Sport courses for generic students?
46. What do you miss most when you are away from home?
47. Some people believe that we should give a hand in dangerous case without hesitate; others argue that you should ensure not to cause new troubles.
48. Describe a special opportunity given to you.
49. Talk about good leader.
50. Should people always tell the truth?
51. Describe an object which is very important to you
52. Do you agree that we can judge a person by the appearance at the first glance?
53. What is your choice: job or career?
54. If you have much of money, how do you spend?
55. What should students do in their vacations?
56. Describe a happy event in childhood, explain why it is memorable.
57. Communicate with your family and friends by letter, e-mail, or by telephone. What is your option?
58. Your favorite time of a year.
59. Some people want to have a relaxed and unhurried life, do you agree with?
60. What is your favorite room?
61. In journey, some used to get destination directly, some enjoy the procedure to get the goal. How about your opinion?
62. When you get restaurant or café, what features do you care about?
63. In city development, do we keep old building? Or replace them with new building?
64. Do you prefer to get advice from family and friends, or learning through personal experience?
65. Do you agree or disagree: Students should wear uniform in school?
66. Compare online courses with traditional courses.
67. Talk about subject that will lead to better job or subject that you are interested.
68. Some think college experience is important, some think not important. What is your opinion?
69. Describe a letter, or poem, that is important to you.
70. Forest, desert, where do you like to live?
71. Experience of asking help from others. How do the others help you?
72. High salary job or high personal satisfied job, which is your choice?
73. Student should do part-time job or summer intern to learn what sort of jobs is proper to him/her, do you agree with?
74. What skill do you want to learn?
75. Is it a good idea to have a one-year break before college study?
76. Talk about some good news about yourself.
77. Freshmen should live alone or with seniors in same building?
78. Students will learn more when they have discussions. Do you agree with?
79. Do you agree or disagree: “The most important lesson can’t be learned in class.”
80. Should the university education be free?
2. Question and Answer Samples with Audio
TOEFL Speaking test is based on machine, speak loudly when exercising is very important to show your speaking skill at real test scenario. Follow the samples and mock the styles, try your best!
Sample Set 1
0. What is the best class you have taken in school? Why was it the best in your opinion? Include details and examples to support your explanation.
1. What makes you choose a restaurant, why is it important to you? Include details and examples to support your explanation.
2. What is your dream job? Include reasons and details in your explanation.
3. Which custom of your country do you think people in other countries should adopt? Include reasons and details to support your explanation.
4. What is the most memorable event in high school? Give reasons why and include details and examples to support your explanation.
5. Describe a moment of obstacle you have to overcome, include reasons and details to support your explanation.
6. Which public place do you enjoy going to, why do you enjoy going that? Include details and examples in your explanation.
7. What is the most innovative invention? Explain why that event is memorable. Include details and examples to support your explanation.
8. What is the most popular sport in your country? Why is it popular? Include details and examples in your explanation.
Sample Set 2
0. Some people like to do indoor activities at their free time, others prefer to enjoy outdoor activities, which do you prefer and why? Include details and examples to support your explanation.
1. If you got extra money, would you save the money or spend it immediately? Include reasons and details to support your explanation.
2. Some people prefer to take a long vacation while others prefer to take several short vacations, which do you prefer and why? Include details and examples to support your explanation.
3. Some people like to watch action movies, others prefer to watch comedics, which type of movie do you prefer and why? Include details and examples to support your explanation.
4. Some people prefer to travel alone, other people prefer to join tour group, which do you prefer and why? Include details and examples to support your explanation.
5. Do you like to attend a college or university full-time or part-time? Why do you think your choice is better than the other, explain by using details and examples.
6. Some people prefer to go to the movie theatre, others prefer to rent a movie, which do you think is better and why? Include reasons and details to support your explanation.
7. Would you prefer to select own roommate or let the university assign a roommate to you? Include reasons and details to support your explanation.
8. Which do you think is more helpful to the students: internet materials or textbook materials, why do you think so? Include details and examples to support your explanation.
3. Mock Exercise of Question 1
Mock the speaking test procedure is a great way to familiarize the real TOEFL speaking test scenario in advance. It helps you to have a perfect performance on test day.
Speaking test is an interactive activity. You not only need have the right answer, but also have to speak out the answer in right way on right timing. We recommend 2 Youtube videos, which offer test takers 15 questions of Question 1 in each. Following these mock exercises, you will experience how to prepare and speak out your answer under strict timeframes. Try them, practice speaking test with mouth!