Some people think that all lawbreakers should be taken into prison. In contrast, others believe there are better alternatives (for example, doing work or learning skills in the community). Discuss both views and give your opinion.
First, you must give the reasons for both sides. 'All lawbreakers go to prison' is obviously a wrong point. You must notice when giving your opinion in the conclusion. It's hard to agree entirely. Although that, you still need to find some points to support the view.
All lawbreakers go to prison
- Implement justice for victims by punishing lawbreakers
- Warn lawbreakers seriously not to rechallenge laws.
- Curb potential crime.
- Keep society, victims, and innocent people peaceful and safe.
Alternatives like community work
- Minor or non-violent lawbreakers may be applied by alternative measures such as fines or community service.
- Non-prison helps lawbreakers get back to normal life after punishment more easily.
- Detaining all lawbreakers can strain resources; non-prison ways save societal costs.
- It's better to protect the human rights of lawbreakers, their families, and related people.
Whether all lawbreakers should be taken to prison is a complex and debated issue. Some believe there are better alternatives, for example, doing work or learning skills in the community. The essay will discuss the views of two sides and state that either side has defects in dealing with lawbreaking in a just and ...
Total words: 383
Band: 7The below version has fixed some obvious lexical and grammatical defects. The band is by the revised version, but comments are based on the original version.Task Response:
-The prompt is fully addressed, there is an attempt to discuss two sides, but the conclusion isn't clear. Simply choosing one side is easier to write.Coherence and Cohesion:
-Ideas are generally arranged coherently, and there is a clear overall progression.Lexical Resources:
-There is a wide range of vocabulary, used appropriately and naturally. Substitution is usually good, although there is some repetition.Grammar Range and Accuracy:
-There is a good range of complex structures, and many sentences have accurate grammar and punctuation.