Some people think paying taxes is a big enough contribution to their society, while others think people have more responsibilities as members of society than only paying taxes. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
You need to present the views of both sides. As for your opinion, it isn't a valid open question; by common sense and facts, you must choose the latter, 'having more responsibilities.' If you don't prepare in advance, the tricky thing for the question is to quickly list some points to support that paying taxes is enough.
Paying taxes is enough
- For governments, getting tax revenue is the most efficient way to support public services.
- Tax is a measurable tool to manage individuals' contribution to society.
- Paying tax is a flexible and practical way for all people in various circumstances.
- Tax embodies members' society responsibilities as fairly as possible.
More responsibilities than tax
- Society members should follow and maintain law and order.
- Society members should participate in civic activities, like the democratic process and voting.
- Society members should take individual responsibilities in societal affairs, like education, healthcare, and security.
- Society members often have responsibilities towards their families and dependents; it's also part of societal duty.
In my view, being a member of society involves more than just paying taxes because societies are complex, interconnected systems that rely on the cooperation and contribution of individuals for their functioning and well-being. However, I know the two sides have their own opinions on the argument.
Some think taxes ...
Total words: 350
Band: 7The below version has fixed some obvious lexical and grammatical defects. The band is by the revised version, but comments are based on the original version.Task Response:
-All parts of the prompt are addressed, and a position is presented that is directly relevant to the prompt; but It didn't develop your opinion fully.Coherence and Cohesion:
-Each paragraph has a clear central topic, and there is an effective use of cohesive devices.Lexical Resources:
-Lexis is mainly appropriate for the task, though there are some errors in word choice. The essay didn't use less common vocabulary with accuracy.
- Help LinkGrammar Range and Accuracy:
-Grammar and punctuation are well controlled.