Some people think they have the right to use as much fresh water as they want, but others believe government should control the use of freshwater as it is a limited resource. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
You should state the points of the two sides equally and then give your opinion. Supporting the government to control freshwater use should be an easy option.
People use freshwater as they want
- Freshwater is a natural resource with no adverse impact on the environment.
- Freshwater consumption is an everyday life or production requirement. Some freshwater use cases last generations - no reason to change them.
- Freshwater supply is a business for modern society. Why can people not trade it fairly?
The government controls freshwater use
- Freshwater isn't enough in some places; over-usage will hurt the environment, especially the ecosystem.
- The severe freshwater shortage may impact living, sometimes we need to restrict unimportant usage, like car washing.
- The freshwater shortage may increase prices and risk poor people's basic life.
While some people believe that they have the right to use as much fresh water as they want, others believe that the government should control its use as a limited resource. This essay will discuss both views and provide my own opinion on the matter.
On the one hand, those who believe they have the right to use as ...
Total words: 356
Band: 7The below version has fixed some obvious lexical and grammatical defects. The band is by the revised version, but comments are based on the original version.Task Response:
-All parts of the prompt are addressed, and a position is presented that is directly relevant to the prompt.Coherence and Cohesion:
-The organization is logical, and there is a clear central topic to each paragraph.Lexical Resources:
-The range of vocabulary is quite wide and shows awareness of collocation, but some words like 'use' and 'ensure' occur multiple times..Grammar Range and Accuracy:
-A variety of complex structures is used with some flexibility and accuracy.