Some people think more public money should be spent on roads and motorways than public transport. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Choosing public transport should be an answer to meeting with the mainstream. So, disagreeing with the statement is more straightforward to support. If you have examples of public transport or roads, don't forget to mention them in the essay.
Disagree - Support public transport
- More economically efficient to serve more people.
- more environmentally friendly than roads for individual car traveling.
- Alleviate traffic congestion and improve the city's functionality.
- Contribute to social equity on traveling.
- A vital resource that influences urban development.
Agree - Support Road
- Roads and motorways serve all people, not just public transport takers.
- Public transport also relies on the road grid.
- Remote areas need public money to build roads.
I'm afraid I have to disagree with prioritizing roads and motorways over public transport. Reversely, I advocate for more public money to be spent on public transport. There are so many factors in economic, environmental, and urban planning considerations to let governments put public transport as a high priority to ...
Total words: 359
Band: 7.5The below version has fixed some obvious lexical and grammatical defects. The band is by the revised version, but comments are based on the original version.Task Response:
-The main ideas are extended and supported; the response is ok.Coherence and Cohesion:
-Ideas are generally arranged coherently, and there is a clear overall progression.Lexical Resources:
-The range of vocabulary is quite wide and shows awareness of collocation, but there are many repeatings. You should avoid using common words repeatedly, e.g., 'public transport' occurs 15 times.Grammar Range and Accuracy:
-There is a wide range of structures, these are used flexibly.