Some people believe the purpose of education is to prepare individuals to be beneficial to society. Others say the purpose of education is to achieve personal ambitions. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
You need to present two sides' views for society or the individual. Suggest choosing the latter as your preference so that it is easy to develop points and conclude the essay.
- A sense of civic responsibility in individuals; developing ethical and moral values.
- A well-educated populace is more likely to contribute to economic growth.
- Build social cohesion and peace by fostering a shared set of values.
For the individual
- Empower individuals to pursue their passions, interests, and personal goals.
- Education is seen as a pathway to self-discovery and self-realization.
- Develop practical life skills that are essential for personal success and fulfillment.
- Successful individuals can do more for the community; individuals and society can win together.
We all know that the object of education is human, but we argue the purpose of education in various views. Some believe the purpose is to prepare individuals to be beneficial to society, while others say the purpose is to achieve personal ambitions. I think the purpose of education can be multifaceted and should be a ...
Total words: 359
Band: 8The below version has fixed some obvious lexical and grammatical defects. The band is by the revised version, but comments are based on the original version.Task Response:
-Ideas relating to each sector mentioned in the prompt are presented, but there is not much development of some.Coherence and Cohesion:
-The writing is well organized, and there is clear progression throughout, although the use of some cohesive devices could be more flexible. Suggest refining coherence and cohesion by removing wordy linking words.Lexical Resources:
-Vocabulary is the strongest aspect of the response.Grammar Range and Accuracy:
-There is a mix of simple and complex sentence forms, with a fair degree of accuracy.