Some people think hosting major international sporting events brings a lot of advantages to a country, while others believe there are more disadvantages. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
You should discuss the two sides' views equally and give your preference. Notice that your points should focus on a country, not a city.
- Boost a country's economy. It can stimulate construction and related industries, further contributing to economic growth.
- It provides an opportunity to showcase a country's culture, heritage, and capabilities to millions of viewers worldwide.
- Sports and events infrastructure can leave a lasting legacy for the host country to the overall development and modernization.
- It generates excitement and enthusiasm in sports and physical activities and promotes a healthy and active lifestyle.
- It can foster a sense of national pride, unity, and community engagement and create cultural exchange opportunities.
- It requires substantial financial investment possibly resulting in long-term debt or budgetary strains.
- It presses other social, economic, or infrastructure needs or hinders progress in critical areas that require immediate attention.
- Sports and events infrastructure involves land acquisition and relocations, potentially affecting the quality of life for local residents.
- Its construction of stadiums and infrastructure may require the clearing of natural habitats, leading to deforestation and loss of biodiversity.
Many international sports competitions are claimed to play a key role in a country's development, while others believe it could squander the government's funds. Though sports events could be beneficial for both governments and society, it at the same time might devastate the national economy.
Proponents of this ...
Total words: 309
Band: 7The below version has fixed some obvious lexical and grammatical defects. The band is by the revised version, but comments are based on the original version.Task Response:
-This is a well-organized essay, presenting ideas on both sides, developing these ideas effectively throughout the response.Coherence and Cohesion:
-The writing is well organized, and there is clear progression throughout, although the use of some cohesive devices could be more flexible.Lexical Resources:
-The range of vocabulary is sufficient to allow some flexibility and precision, and it shows an awareness of styles and collocation.Grammar Range and Accuracy:
-There is a mix of simple and complex sentence forms, and although errors occur, they rarely reduce communication.
It is asserted that it has many merits for a country to organize sporting events, while some believe it could negatively affect the country. However, I agree with the first notion and believe that having sports events could enhance its economy.
People who argue that holding sports competitions are harmful to a ...
Total words: 268
Band: 6.5The below version has fixed some obvious lexical and grammatical defects. The band is by the revised version, but comments are based on the original version.Task Response:
-Ideas relating to each sector mentioned in the prompt are presented, but there is not much development of some.Coherence and Cohesion:
-The organization is logical, and there is a clear central topic to each paragraph.Lexical Resources:
-The lexical resource is sufficient to allow some flexibility and precision.Grammar Range and Accuracy:
-Grammatical control is variable: some complex structures are produced accurately.
Some argue that a host nation benefits by organizing various events, for instance, the FIFA World Cup, the Olympics, and other similar events. In contrast, other people do not cogitate that would be the case. However, I believe hosting such tournaments has an astounding impact on the nation's economy.
On the one ...
Total words: 257
Band: 6The below version has fixed some obvious lexical and grammatical defects. The band is by the revised version, but comments are based on the original version.Task Response:
-The main ideas are relevant, but some are insufficiently developed. The conclusion is unclear and needs to enhance.Coherence and Cohesion:
-The organization is evident and cohesive devices are used, though rather mechanically.Lexical Resources:
-Lexis is mainly appropriate for the task, though there are some errors in word choice.Grammar Range and Accuracy:
-There is a good range of complex structures, and many sentences have accurate grammar and punctuation.