Some people advocate the death penalty for those who committed violent crimes. Others say that capital punishment is unacceptable in contemporary society. Describe the advantages and disadvantages of the death penalty and give your opinion.
It would help if you described both advantages and disadvantages before giving your opinion.
- The death penalty has been an effective tool to control extreme crime for thousands of years.
- It helps to comfort the victims, especially those who lost loved ones in brutal crimes.
- If no death penalty, it's hard to establish a fair and convinced law.
- No one can guarantee each death penalty is fair or proper. Any error on them will cause innocent life loss.
- Some people think death isn't a punishment, so the death penalty doesn't work on them. What they fear may be a life sentence.
Many people believe that death penalty is necessary to keep security system efficient in the society. While there are some negative aspects of capital punishment, I agree with...
Sentencing people to death who committed violent crimes is acceptable in preventing reoffending the crime, while in the modernized world, this method of discipline is morally wrong. There are pros and cons regarding the implementation of punishment, and I will discuss the reasons that shaped my opinion.
There are ...
Total words: 347
Band: 6The below version has fixed some obvious lexical and grammatical defects. The band is by the revised version, but comments are based on the original version.Task Response:
-This is a well-organized essay, presenting ideas on both sides, developing these ideas effectively throughout the response.Coherence and Cohesion:
-There is a clear overall progression in the response, but somewhat mechanically and wordy, with occasional errors
- Help LinkLexical Resources:
-The lexical resource is sufficient to allow some flexibility and precision, and although there are a few spelling errors.Grammar Range and Accuracy:
-There is a mix of simple and complex sentence forms, with a fair degree of accuracy.
Nowadays, the increasing number of people certainly believe capital punishment needs to be imposed on violent criminals. It leads to further debate. I think that the death penalty can be accessible based on nations' legislation.
On the one hand, the death penalty can help society live in a safe environment. As the ...
Total words: 388
Band: 5The below version has fixed some obvious lexical and grammatical defects. The band is by the revised version, but comments are based on the original version.
The essay is long, but not finished. Don't use examples related to China, either good or bad.
There are various ways to punish criminals: death penalty are the most controversial one. I accept that sometimes capital punishment is necessary. However, I believe that death...
Total words: 253
- The conclusion is too simple, rewrite to summarize your points.
- You should avoid using common words repeatedly, and show your grammatical range and accuracy as possible. The essay has PUNISHMENT(7) DEATH(6) CAPITAL(6); try to decrease duplicated words.
- High ratio basic sight words may degrade your writing, suggest to rephrase some of them. You can try to rewrite Conclusion as start point.
- Suggest to use a few rare or uncommon words to demonstrate your vocabulary range and level. E.g., Introduction seems too plain, try to polish it.