1. There ___ no taxi, we had to walk.
2. All things ___, the offer seems reasonable.
3. The clock ___ eleven, they said good night and parted.
4. This ___, he locked the door and went to bed.
5. The electrons are extremely light, each ___ a negative charge of electricity.
6. Nobody ___ any further remarks to make, the chairman closed the meeting.
7. The holidays ___ over, they got down to some hard work.
8. They had many talks with the natives, the guide ___ as interpreter.
9. It ___ too early, we had to wait.
10. The president and high officials ___, the ceremony began.